When it comes to search engine optimization, backlinks are one of the most important factors. It’s essential to know which websites link back to yours and how they influence your rankings in the SERPs. But how do you check backlinks without breaking the bank? Luckily, there are several free websites that allow you to easily check backlinks. In this article, we’ll be discussing the top 5 free backlinks checker websites available today. From PageRank checks to tracking anchor text, discover which tools can help you get a better understanding of your website’s link profile.
What are backlinks?
Backlinks are basically incoming links to a website or web page. In the eyes of Google and other search engines, backlinks are like “votes” for your website or web page. The more backlinks you have, the higher your website or web page will rank in the search engine results pages (SERP). However, it’s not just the quantity of backlinks that matter, but also the quality of the backlinks. A high-quality backlink is from a website or web page that is relevant to your niche/industry, has a high PageRank, and is an authoritative source.
Why are backlinks important?
There are many reasons why backlinks are important. They are a signal to search engines that your site is popular and relevant. Backlinks can also help to increase the reach of your content and bring more traffic to your site. Additionally, backlinks can help you to build relationships with other websites and improve your online visibility.
How to check for backlinks
When you are trying to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), one of the factor is the number and quality of backlinks pointing to your website. In this article, we will show you some free backlink checker websites that will help you analyze your backlinks.
Before we get into the free backlink checkers, let’s first understand what a backlink is and how it can help your website.
A backlink is simply a link from one website to yours. Google’s algorithm uses these links as “votes” for your website content. The more votes (quality backlinks) your website has, the more likely it is to rank higher in SERPs.
1. How to Check for Backlinks
To start checking for backlinks, you will need two things:
-The URL of the webpage that you want to check
-The URL of a competitor that ranks higher than you in SERPs
With those two URLs, you’re ready to start using a backlink checker! Just enter the URL into the tool and hit “search” or “enter.”
The top 5 free websites to check for backlinks
1. Google Search Console: This is one of the most popular and reliable backlink checker tools available for free. It provides detailed information on your website’s backlinks, such as the number of links, the anchor text used, and the quality of the linking site.
2. Ahrefs: Ahrefs is a paid backlink checker tool, but it offers a 7-day trial period during which you can use all its features for free. It provides detailed information on your website’s backlinks, including the number of links, the anchor text used, and the quality of the linking site.
3. Moz: Moz is a popular SEO software company that offers a free backlink checker tool called Open Site Explorer. It provides detailed information on your website’s backlinks, including the number of links, the anchor text used, and the quality of the linking site.
4. SEMrush: SEMrush is another popular SEO software company that offers a free backlink checker tool called Backlink Checker. It provides detailed information on your website’s backlinks, including the number of links, the anchor text used, and the quality of the linking site.
5. Linkody: Linkody is a paid backlink checker tool that offers a free trial period during which you can use all its features for free. It provides detailed information on your website’s backlinks, including
How to improve your website’s backlink profile
If you’re serious about improving your website’s backlink profile, then you’ll need to take a more proactive approach. Here are a few tips on how to do just that:
1. Reach out to webmasters and bloggers in your niche. Let them know about your website and ask if they’d be interested in linking to it.
2. Make sure your website’s content is top-notch. This will give people a reason to link to your site.
3. Promote your website through social media and other online channels. This will help build up awareness of your site, which can lead to more backlinks.
4. Use tools like Google’s disavow tool if you have any bad links pointing to your site. This will help clean up your backlink profile and improve your standings with search engines like Google.
5. Stay patient! Building up a strong backlink profile takes time, so don’t expect overnight results. Keep at it and you’ll eventually see the fruits of your labor pay off.
Free backlinks checker websites are a great way to get an overview of your website’s current backlink profile. They allow you to quickly identify which websites are linking to you and help you determine whether these links are from reputable sources or not. Our list of the top 5 free backlinks checker websites should help you find the best tool for your needs. With one of these tools, tracking and analyzing your backlinks will become much easier and more reliable in no time!